Ever wonder why so many women in today’s society are addicted to plastic surgery?
Now, there is nothing wrong with plastic surgery, women feel best when they look their best. The problem is when they think that plastic surgery will increase their happiness and self-worth. It is just like those people that think they will be happier when they make more money, or get a nicer car.
Expecting things to get better when this/that changes is a formula for self-destruction; you will never feel whole.
Funny thing is we all think this way at some point!
So how do you overcome this mentality?
Realizing You have Four Bodies
You are composed of four different bodies: physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual. To live happy, balanced, and confident you must work at improving all four of these bodies simultaneously. When you attend to one body more than another imbalance is created and you feel there is something missing.
- The physical body deals with skin, organs, brain, cells, figure, hair (etc.)
- The emotional body includes, the unconscious mind, hormones, feelings, nervous system
- The mental body deals with thoughts, clarity, motivation, self- confidence, and focus
- The spiritual body consists of intuition, guidance, religion or spirituality, and feeling connected to all things. this body is the main cause for illness in the physical body, yet it is the least recognized body.
How to Workout Each Body
- Physical: Exercising, healthy eating, plastic surgery (if it’s something you really need aesthetically), resting, yoga, drinking plenty of water, acupuncture and getting massages.
- Emotional: Expressing feelings proactively, talking to peers/ psychologists, attending Emotional Intelligence seminars, practicing forgiveness to all those people that did you wrong, and all those people you did wrong (forgiving yourself), and disciplining your thoughts to keep them joyful.
- Mental: Daily meditation to increase mental clarity, learning a new skill (could be something simple), set a goal and accomplish it (through accomplishments you increase your self-confidence), stick to diets low in sugar and saturated fats (these clog up our neurotransmitters), Staying true to your beliefs and values to create a higher sense of discipline and structure.
- Spiritual: Daily meditation / prayer (repeat 300x) :), breathing techniques, being grateful, understanding that the universe is within you, and consciously knowing that the universe has your back (you are never alone).
If you focus on these four aspects of yourself on a daily basis you will feel healthier, more connected, an increase in mental clarity, higher concentration, happiness, a tremendous increase in confidence, engage in fulfilling relationships with others, and (most importantly) balance in your life.
I hope this post can help each of you live balanced, happy, and free.