“A woman is 1% how she looks like and 99% how she perceives herself” – My Mama
Happy Wise Words Wednesday everyone!
Today’s Wise Word Wednesday Episode is on confidence. Confidence isn’t taught at school, and for most people, no one really teaches it as we grow up. That is why we are living through times where young women don’t respect themselves, want to correct their bodies before they learn to love it, and they beg for a man’s attention because they don’t feel worthy of receiving and giving love.
With today’s post I will help all those women that didn’t have/don’t have the right guidance growing up. I want you to know that there is great power inside of you and all you have to do is know how to step into that power so that you can start living empowered each and every single day.
Whether you’re 15 or 60 years old rest assure that it is never too late to be confident. This is because confidence isn’t something we have or are born with, confidence is something we create. In addition, we most definitely don’t live with confidence all the time, life has its ups and downs. The key however, is to learn how confidence is triggered so that you can quickly step back into your power when you fall off. Below I have put together 5 steps that will help you trigger confidence no matter where you are in your life so that you can feel empowered, attract everything you desire, and live the life you deserve.
5 Steps to Build your Self Confidence
- Stand up tall. The way we move and use our bodies triggers emotions in our minds. (Fake it until you make it) confidence overpowers good talent that lacks confidence. I am not saying to be incompetent and go about life winging it. What I am referring to here is that no matter how talented and knowledgeable you are, if you lack confidence other’s won’t trust you because they see that you lack trust within yourself.
- Learn something new. Learning boosts confidence because life is all about growing, so anything that will make you grow will make you feel unstoppable. As a result, you will trust yourself and your talents a whole lot more.
- Control your focus. Start to use words of high vibration. In life you get what you focus on even if its not there; “Seek and you shall find.” If you are constantly focusing on all the things you don’t like in your body, then that is exactly what you will see every time you look in the mirror. Do this exercise to start training your focus….Write down 5 things you like about yourself for the next week when you look at yourself in the mirror focus on only those 5 things. If you are going through a rough time in your life, then write down 5 things you can be grateful for today, and only focus on those things for the next 7 days.
- Do something for someone else. Often times we spend way too many hours analyzing ourselves, our lives, and how we are not where we want to be yet. Guess what, this focus will leave you depleted of your own energies and you will really feel down. Take a moment and look at the world around you, realize there are other people living among us that have it way worse. Some people need your help and your talents to move forward. Focus on how you can help someone else, what value you can bring to someone else and that in itself will make you feel amazing about who you are.
- Schedule”Me” time. In order for you to give to others you have to be FULL OF YOURSELF. You fill yourself up through the rituals you set for you. At the very least, take 10 minutes out of the day (if you don’t have 10 minutes you don’t really have a life) to do something that balances you and allows you to recuperate your energies. You can’t be the best version of yourself when you are drained from your own power. “Me” time is not selfish it is self loving. For my ritual I love meditating, it’s the quickest way for me to recoup my energies, feel balanced and present. I welcome you to start a daily 10 minute ritual, whether it’s to walk in the park, or simply lay in bed jamming to your favorite music, whatever it is for you, start by setting that ritual and space for yourself.
Now, don’t just read these steps. TAKE ACTION right now start to live in your power and I guarantee that you will attract so much greatness into your life. These steps were designed to be easy so that you can begin today. No financial investments needed. No fancy technology needed. All you need is the willingness to build your confidence RIGHT NOW!
Watch this week’s full Wise Word Wednesday Episode on YouTube to start living in your most authentic power….
I invite you to share this video with someone this could inspire, and comment below how you will start to implement these steps into your life TODAY!.
With Lots of LOVE,