Crystals, do they work or are they just expensive rock?
In this week’s podcast, I get into all things crystals — origin, uses, how to cleanse and program them, and the 4 essential crystals for starters.
If you have any questions you can DM Raise Your Vibez Podcast on Instagram.
We have all been there.
That point in your life where you just got to do something you’ve always dreamt of doing, but for some reason, after the high wears off, you find yourself back to feeling mediocre or basic. It surprises you because all along you thought doing or obtaining this one thing would change everything in your life. You Thought it would bring meaning and fulfillment back into your life. Yet somehow the new car or new fancy job title didn’t bring you any of these things. You begin to realize that happiness and fulfillment in life are created inside of you and can never be obtained from external things or circumstances.
The reason why so many people live very successful but unfulfilled lives is that they forget the power of their internal life’s purpose.
External Vs. Internal Purpose
Here’s the thing, all those things you chase– materialistic acquisitions, the big career, the societal status– all these things, serve your external life’s purpose; it fills the empty spaces outside of you. Don’t get me wrong, these things are very necessary and amazing but it isn’t enough to create fulfillment.
True fulfillment and purpose lie in filling the spaces inside of you.
Your internal purpose is the one that allows you to reach divine prosperity, true peace, and absolute love.
“If everyone chased their soul the way they chase money they would find internal peace and purpose.” – p.o.w
So how do we fill up these internal spaces?
Through Spirituality. Now, spirituality has nothing to do with religion. Spirituality is the knowledge of knowing that you are a soul and have a body (instead of the other way around). Living in this awareness will get you face-to-face with your innermost potential and truth…
The one that knows that love is all there is,
the one that reminds you how abundantly full you are,
the one that reminds you that your life’s purpose is bigger than you.
It is the one that pushes you to be of service to the world.
It reminds you to take a smile and a kind word with you everywhere you go.
Being spiritual allows you to see the unseen, it answers your deepest questions.
It is your essence!
It is Life!
Fulfillment Requires Spirit
So how can you put more spirit into everything you do and fill yourself internally to create real fulfillment?
By putting love at the forefront of everything that you do. Being of service, creating things for the world, leaving a mark of motivation in everyone around you, by practicing forgiveness, and spreading compassion.
These are all the things that fill up your heart; the spaces inside of you.
Open up to this inner space, and listen to it so that you can be the best version of yourself, the one you were born to be.
“Books are a uniquely portable magic.”- Stephen King
Stephen King couldn’t have said it better, books are magic. Words have the power to change your entire perception of the world, it has the power to expand minds far beyond their day-to-day routines. Books have changed who I have grown into. For me, a book is as valuable as travel. It takes your mind places you could never get to alone. Books rearrange our consciousness. Every time I read a book I am transported to a new place, a magical place. Books are portable Magic
I get the question, “what books do you recommend?” often and so I am happy to share my top 20 picks with you all through this post. I will separate the books into 5 categories: Personal Growth, Spirituality, Love, Finance, and Fiction/ Poetry. I am a self-help / personal development junkie, but I like to include fiction since it helps me become a more creative writer as well as expands my creativity and imagination.
** Click on the title of each book for more details and to purchase the book.
- Think and Grow Rich, by. Napoleon Hill
- Outliers: The Story of Success by. Malcolm Gladwell
- The Alchemist, by. Paulo Coelho
- Feel the Fear and do it Anyway, By. Susan Jeffers
- The Power of Now, By. Eckhart Tolle
- The Seat of the Soul, By. Gary Zukav
- You Can Heal your Life, By. Louise Hay
- Spirit Junkie: A Radical Road to Self-Love and Miracles, by. Gabrielle Bernstein
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts, By. Gary Chapman
- The Course of Love, By. Alain De Botton
- The 7 Principles for Making Marriage Work, By. John M. Gottman
- The Mastery of Love, By. Don Miguel Ruiz
- Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money that the Poor and Middle Class Don’t, By. Robert T. Kiyosaki
- The Power of Broke: How Empty Pockets, a Tight Budget, and a Hunger Success Can Become Your Greatest Competitive Advantage, By. Daymond John
- The Automatic Millionaire: A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich, By. David Bach
- Money a Love Story, By. Kate Northrup
Fiction and Poetry
- Letters, to Women Like Me, By. Mirtha Michelle Castro Marmol
- The Sun and her Flower, By. Rupi Kaur
- The Celestine Prophecy: An Adventure, By. James Redfield
- Little Fires Everywhere, By. Celeste Ng