As per your request on Instagram, I have made a short and sweet episode with three simple steps to amplify your intuitive voice.
Crystals, do they work or are they just expensive rock?
In this week’s podcast, I get into all things crystals — origin, uses, how to cleanse and program them, and the 4 essential crystals for starters.
If you have any questions you can DM Raise Your Vibez Podcast on Instagram.
This week’s Raise Your Vibez Podcast episode is based on my perspective that manipulation and trying to control everyone around you is really just a distraction from focusing on your own self-discipline. Being the boss of yourself is the only time you should be Bossy all else are simply distractions.
We all have them. But few of us really get to live them.
I have become obsessed over the years with people that get to live the life of their dreams. I don’t look up to their materialistic acquisitions or social status, what I look up to and study is their ability to overcome their minds.
Because honestly, I have never felt ready to follow my dreams. In fact, the thought of pursuing them scares me. So, I spend countless hours studying how other people accomplish their desires.
What I found is this — Successful people pursued their desires/dreams way before they felt ready to do so.
Everyone Has Fears.
Everyone has self-doubt. Everyone questions their next move. In every interview I watch, be it Will Smith, Oprah, Tony Robbins, Jim Carrey, or Quincy Jones, none of these great people ever felt ready to go through that first audition, to star in their first movie, or write their first hit record. But, they did do one thing the average person doesn’t…. they did it anyway!
They did it, way before they felt confident, ready, way before the stars aligned with the moon and the sun- they got up and did it! The force in accomplishing their dreams was so much bigger than the actual fear itself.
These people had to unlearn everything they were taught, everything society ever told them to reach what they wanted.
Fears and Self-Limitations Were Passed Down to You
From generations to generations. Our parents teach us what they were taught, which is what our grandparents were taught and take it back to the beginning of time, we have adopted a mindset that dates back to cavemen time.
I believe the fears that we were taught to suppress are the ones we must face in order to live a fulfilling life.
Breaking out of a fear-based mentality?
The first step is to realize that fear was created to keep us alive, but not to keep us from living.
You must become one with fear and make it your best friend. Because the things you must do in this life will scare the heck out of you but you must do them to truly live.
The second step is COURAGE! The courage to do what you have to do today way before you feel confident or cool or ready. This step is the differentiating factor between a person waking up hating Monday mornings and a person waking up loving Mondays.
If you give up on your dreams, what is left? — Jim Carrey
The Money Factor | Why We Become Stuck in Unfulfillment
We’ve all heard our parents tell us to do something that makes us a lot of money and all though this is practical advice / safe advice. Chasing money will leave you depleted from your own energies. You won’t chase the right things and will wake up hating Monday’s and only look forward to Friday’s and your retirement check.
Picking a career for the simple fact that it makes you money is outdated advice.
In our connected world, money is no longer a reason to keep doing something unfulfilling. You have all the resources to do what you love and touch the globe right from the comfort of your laptop and couch.
Living Fulfilled No Matter What
When you are genuinely happy the money will come with all that you do. Because, you’ll do the work with heart, with immense commitment, and you will put more than the necessary hours into it setting yourself up for incredible success.
Now here is the thing about doing what you love, this is great advice for someone in their teens or early 20s, someone who is still figuring out their lives and have the resources and time to do what they love. But what happens if you are in your 40s with a family to feed and a roof to pay and want to chase your dreams?
You are in Luck |Era of Opportunity and Technology
With the flexibility of the internet now anyone can start a business without much investment, and with little time. So here is the trick–you can still keep your day job as you transition into that new vibrating thing you want to do.
It is no longer an ultimatum.
You no longer have to put all your life’s savings at risk.
You can begin working towards your dreams while still being financially secured with your day job.
Begin to build your business on the weekends are at night once dinner is done. The process isn’t meant to be an overnight success, meaningful careers/businesses all took over 8 years to build. The key isn’t to go all in, the key is to start, start, start no matter how small.
For the next 6 months try building your new life on the side and then come back and let me know how it goes. I guarantee you will see the progress you never dreamt of. At first, it’ll feel overwhelming and scary, but hey, nothing great comes from staying in your comfort zone. We are beings of evolution, change, and growth. We didn’t come here to be comfortable, and stagnant.
We are alive and we show gratitude for our lives by living it to the fullest.
NOW, Go out there and chase your dreams!
The Old World
There is the old world, the old ways of doing things, where you sit, use little brain power and work on an assembly line. You might like it or you might hate it, but you don’t seem to care because by default this is what you do and you accept it. You don’t question it let alone think outside the box to get creative. You don’t go to the gym because there is no point anyway. You don’t pay attention to your intuition because it is irrational and makes you feel silly. You have the same routine day in, day out and even though you might feel trapped there is no real conscious thoughts that makes you realize life is not meant to be a default of what happens to you, life is created by you!
The New World
You start to awake and there is a little voice inside of you telling you there is more. It screams at you saying, “face your fears”. You begin to awaken from monotony and begin to think creatively. The reason for what you do starts to be bigger than “just for the money”. You begin to create new ways to live abundantly while empowering others, positively impacting your neighborhood and spreading your inner love to the world. You begin to realize that it is YOU who has the power to create your life. You realize that your biggest responsibility is not to follow the rules, but to find that special gift that lies within you — The gift that aligns your purpose with your personality and soul. You know that this alignment is the greatest form of living and it leads to true happiness.
When you are born into an era of change and awakening it can be difficult to be accepted by the people that love you the most. Most of our parents won’t agree with our new ideas and the operations of the world will still favor, for the most part, the old monotoned world.
So how do we shift proactively to start creating the life we know we are meant to live?
Step 1. Don’t explain yourself. Understand that those that don’t get the new era of awakening have their own process and you don’t have to force them into understanding your own process. Just accept that they don’t agree and continue to love them. Those that know, know. This mentality will help preserve all your important relationships as you become awakened and evolve. Sometimes we must all agree to disagree, and there is nothing wrong with disagreeing. Don’t let it consume you and allow it to get in your way of growth.
Step 2. Only take advice from your inner voice. You can see how more and more people are trying to be more intuitive because meditation now is more mainstream than ever before. Today, more people practice meditation and there are meditation studios popping up all across the country. This movement shows that there is an incredible shift towards a new way/world. People seek meditation because the more people meditate the more attuned people become to their inner voice. Meditation allows you to make decisions solely based on what is best for you and your life’s purpose. When you rely on others for advice, for example, they might give you advice based on their own realities and fear, steering you far from your own life purpose. This will keep you from accomplishing the things that you must do. Start practicing meditation (mental silence and stillness) to get used to looking inside of you to find your answers. THEY ARE ALWAYS THERE, you just have to trust and be patient.
Step 3. Follow your emotional body. As you awaken into the new world you may start to feel anxiety if you are not doing work that inspires you. What do I mean by this? There are so many people that are waking up and beginning to realize their 9–5 jobs don’t fulfill them, they are miserable, & they want something more! Sounds like you? If this is happening to you then stop living in fear and start to take action. Clearly, if you have a family and responsibilities you are not going to just walk out on a secure job, but what you can do is begin to put your inner talents and gifts to work through“side hustles”. For instance, if you love writing then begin a blog. If it is interior designing, then take a course on the weekends and start taking small clients. I can go on with examples, my point though is to become aware that you have talents and gifts for a reason and you need to start using them to live the life you deserve.
You can do anything you want in this life as long as you take action to start. Once you become aligned with this form of inner creation the universe will start to work on your side and the wind will blow in your favor. I believe, this is the fastest way towards our happiness .
Start listening to your heart and become the creator of your own future. That is your birthright.
! S T A R T C R E A T I N G !
David Rock, the author of Brain at Work, says—“We are only focused on our work merely 6 hours a week.”
How well we concentrate is said to determine our success. Staying focused is challenging in today’s world because we are living in an era of information overload! Being connected at all times to the internet, events, and people serves as distractions and keep us from our goals. In this post, I want to share some of the ways I stay focused to accomplish my goals and turn my dreams into reality.
7 Hacks to Increase Focus:
- Minimize notifications: Every time your screen lights up, the blood in your brain moves away from the area of concentration it was just in. This sudden rush of blood from one area of the brain to another is said to decrease our momentum (concentration). To avoid this decrease in productivity, I like to turn off notifications to unimportant applications and emails. If I am working on something important or detailed orientated I like to turn off my phone, all together, to avoid any loss in momentum. This can be drastic for some but it gets the job done for me.
- Write out your tasks the night before: One of the worst distractions is remembering we forgot to do something important while working on something important. My solution is to allocate some time to focus on all the important things we have to do the next day. I usually allocate 5 minutes before going to bed to jot down the things I must get done the next day. This little hack keeps me organized and eliminates the stress of forgetting something.
- Limit Multi-tasking: In today’s corporate world it is very difficult to completely eliminate multitasking, but time is money and you must learn how to prioritize the things you give focus to. When I first get a new task I ask myself the following questions: 1) Can I delegate this? If the answer is yes, then I send it to the team that can help me complete that task. If not, I ask, 2) how important is this task? If it can wait, I add it to my to-do list. I tend to feel more relaxed when I work on things in order of importance.
- Stretch, Breathe, and Laugh: Lack of concentration can occur due to stress and anxiety. These things negatively affect our focus because they decrease the oxygen flow in our brains. If I am feeling stressed I like to stop what I am doing and do chair-yoga exercises and/or breathing techniques. Breathing and yoga automatically increase our oxygen intake, which in turn, strengthens our mental functions. I also find that laughter plays a big role in our mental well-being. I like to watch funny YouTube videos (make sure it is no more than two minutes) to release stress and increase my mood. Releasing the “happy” endorphin in our brains minimizes anxiety allowing our minds to properly function and concentrate.
- Eat Lightly: Nutrition plays a big role in our concentration. Experts say eating heavy meals increases our blood sugar levels and fogs up the neurotransmitters in our brains. Neurotransmitters are chemicals in the brain that are responsible for memory, focus, motivation, and anxiety. Since our body is all interconnected what we put in our gut goes right into our brain. Many nutritionists call the brain the second gut. I find that when I give my gut natural foods like veggies, fruits, or complex carbs my mind rewards me by staying clear and focused.
- Get your Zzz: Trying to finish a big project on three hours of sleep makes staying focused impossible. Make sure to get 7-8 hours of sleep on average and drink lots of water before bed to recharge your organs (including your mind) for the next day.
- Live more present: This one is a work-in-progress for me, but on most days I succeed. Sometimes we need to take some time off from thinking about where we want to be or thinking about our next move and just devote our focus solely to the present moment. I find that writing out a list of “10 things I am grateful for today” is a great way to return back into the present and stay focused on what I have to do today. I also like to remind myself of my “why”. Remember, our “why” is our biggest motivator, it is the reason we get up in the mornings. Focusing on the “why” returns us back to the work we must get done today in order to accomplish what we want in the future.
For the last couple of months, I haven’t been writing on this platform because all my creative juices were focused on getting an article published on ThoughtCatalog. This goal came with some setbacks, because, most of my articles got turned down. I edited, revised, and resent each a couple of times, but my articles wouldn’t get approved. I’ve been wanting to write for them for some time because I love their community and spend most nights reading their online magazine. After several rejections, I stopped submitting altogether thinking that my style was just not fit for that platform.
Around the same time, I was reading every article on that site. So, unconsciously, I picked up on other writers’ tone and writing style. As a result, I started adjusting the tone and voice of my writing to those that were already being published. In retrospect, I noticed, that all the rejected articles were words that didn’t come from my own authentic core.
A Creator’s Greatest Mistake
All along I was leaving my voice, style, and tone behind and adapting to the voice of other writers just to fit in and have my work amongst theirs.
This is a writer’s [creator’s] biggest mistake. No matter who you write for, your voice must always be at the forefront of all your creations. It is the one thing that separates you from the masses. It doesn’t matter whether you write for a company’s website or a gourmet food magazine, your voice should always be consistent with who you are and what you wish to represent in this world. Molding your voice to fit a certain culture, blocks your light — the reason for your talents, your life.
After the various rejections, I realized I had to reconnect to my core. At that point, I stopped reading other people’s work and tuned into what I wanted to share and express. After my realization, it only took two days to get my first article published. The article that got accepted was one I wrote with realness, simplicity, and transparency; from my core. Using my own authentic voice was the key to my success. And, I am sure it is the key to every creator’s success.
Staying true to your voice at all times, in all circles, and in all continents is the best route to take. Your voice is your light, spread it genuinely and lovingly. That is your only job.
Now, go and spread your inner magic.